Hi there!!! And Welcome...
…In the absolutely and totally messy life of Isabella: wife, working mama, blogger, proudly Italian inside, happily American outside. Yes, I’m 100% Italian but in 2015 I moved over to the US to live what’s always been my dream: The American Dream! So I packed, left Milan and, since then, my life has turned completely upside down! But in a crazy, amazing good way! I now live with my husband Scott and my son Ethan in Georgia.
A couple of random things about me:
- I’m the last of three kids and the only daughter;
- former volleyball player with a Bachelor in Sport Science;
- I’m probably the only Italian who doesn’t drink coffee (but don’t you touch my glass of wine!!)
FULL DISCLOSURE: This blog was born Italian like its mama. I only recently started translating the platform and experimenting with a Bilingual Blog. It’s a lot of fun but also a lot of work, especially when it comes about writing in English, which is clearly my second language 🙂 So if you read awkward stuff or any grammar atrocity, please give me some grace, ok? 😉
And speaking of my blog...
The blog was born for a bunch of different reasons, but the most important two are:
- Help other Expat Mamas like me overcome struggles and issues when it comes to face everyday life as a mom and as an Expat. Because for how much you might love being a mommy or adore your new life in a new Country, everything has changes and we need to learn how to adjust.
- Because I’m also a working mom, just like you! I love being a mom, but I also love being able to contribute to the family income and have my own financial freedom. Over the years I tried many different types of side hustles and also opened my own business, which failed in the worst possible way (you can read more about this story in this post).
And then I discovered the Wonderful World of Blogging and found out I can actually make money out of it, while helping others to do the same! Isn’t that great?? So I decided to help other moms who want to achieve their financial freedom, learn how to overcome failures, become more productive with less work and enjoy their motherhood, all at the same time!!
What you can expect from this blog:
Since we’re practical women, let’s clarify a couple of important points.
This blog is for you if:
- You’re looking for some advice on how to face and overcome daily Expat-Mama-life and motherhood struggles;
- If you want to learn how to start a business on the side, while still working a full-time job;
- You’re NOT an expat mama, but you love everything about Italian culture/language and want to learn more;
This blog is definitely NOT for you if:
- You’re in the mood for some racist comments. Pride for your roots yes. Bad or political opinions about other people, customs, traditions, habits or else = absolutely prohibited!!!
- You think that there’s only one way to be a good mother. Different is good and maybe we can all learn something from each other.
- You’re not interested in making more money while working from home.
This blog has both Italian and English versions. But I have to warn you: you will not always find the same exact topics in both languages. Although, if you’re Italian like me, you might prefer reading my articles on the Italian side. Totally up to you!
This being said, I can only renew my heartfelt WELCOME and…